- School Performance Headers 2016
Burnt Mill Academy is celebrating after an impressive 83 per cent of its students gained top marks in both their English and mathematics GCSE exams. As students collected their results from this summer's exams, it was revealed the majority had scored A* to C grades in the core subjects, despite a national dip in results.
The number of students achieving A* and A grades also leapt this year to 66.3 per cent, compared to 42 per cent last year.
Overall last year, a total of 80% of Burnt Mill students achieved five or more A* to C grades including English and maths – this year that figure had upped to 81%.
The top ten students in the year group are –
- Lauren Nicholson with five A* grades and six A grades
- Lucy Palmer with four A* grades and seven A grades
- Amy Richardson with four A* grades, six A grades and one B grade
- Jordan Chow with four A* grades, four A grades and two B grades
- Maria Kruger with three A* grades, five A grades and three B grades
- LaurenLegate with two A* grades, seven A grades and two B grades
- Sophie Manning with two A* grades, six A grades and three B grades
- Maria Johnson with two A* grades, six A grades and two B grades
- Bradley Gosnell with two A* grades, five A grades and two B grades
- Ashley Banham with one A* grade, seven A grades and two B grades
Headteacher John Blaney said: "I am absolutely delighted the hard work of our fantastic students and amazing staff has paid off. For the third year in a row, more than 80% of our Year 11 students leave with at least five GCSE grades, including English and maths. Even amid the curriculum changes that have taken place, these results prove great teaching is what impacts most.
It really is an amazing achievement. Congratulations to them all."